HID pivCLASS Biometric Reader
Providing the highest level of secure access
HID Global’s pivCLASS® Biometric Reader is intended for use in areas requiring the highest level of security. This dynamic reader is suitable for meeting the FIPS-201 criteria for “Controlled”, “Limited” and “Exclusion” access areas. The biometric reader must be used with a pivCLASS Authentication Module (PAM) to provide strong authentication, which ensures that the card presented is genuine, the data has not been manipulated, the card has not been compromised or stolen and the PIN has not been shared. When the biometric feature is engaged, the reader provides the highest level of identity assurance. These comprehensive security measures include: authentication of the PIN, validation of the PIV Authentication Key certificate, validation of the authenticity of the fingerprint template on the card and comparison of the live fingerprint to the template. See more biometric readers from HID Global.
- Comprehensive feature set includes combined contact/contactless capabilities, keypad, liquid crystal display and biometric sensor.
- Dual reader interface provides contact backup if contactless antenna sustains damage
- Dynamic and configurable to support one, two or three factor authentication that matches time of day, day of week or threat level
Typical Maximum Read Range*:
- Biometric authentication can only be done over the contact interface per FIPS 201.
- 4.8” X 6.1” x 1.2” (12.2 x 15.6 x 3.0 cm)
Legacy cards supported
- Proximity cards are not supported.
13.56 MHz contactless smart cards supported:
- PKI-based FIPS 201 credentials including PIV, PIV-I, CIV, CAC, TWIC and FRAC
- iCLASS SE, iCLASS SR, standard iCLASS, SE for MIFARE Classic, SE for MIFARE DESFire EV1
Supported outputs in Wiegand mode:
- Wiegand mode is not supported.
The reader must be used with a PAM to provide strong biometric authentication.
- HID pivCLASS protocol or CoreStreet Reader Protocol
- Warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for one year.(See complete warranty policy for details.)