HID Proximity ProxPro II 5455
125 kHz Wall Switch Proximity Reader
HID’s ProxPro® II proximity reader for access control combines performance, reliability, and ease of installation into a two-piece, weatherproof potted enclosure. International users will appreciate the multilingual installation manual, lower voltage requirement and flexible mounting options.
- Ideal for medium-range applications.
- Available with Wiegand or Clock-and-Data interface.
- Optional glass mount kit available for mounting the reader behind glass.
- Potted reader suitable for indoor or outdoor use.
- Available in black, white, gray or beige.
- 18″ (45 cm) wire pigtail standard; consult factory for 9′ (2.7 m) pigtail available by special order.
- Two-piece reader design allows for easy installation.
- Available with a Wiegand or Clock-and-Data interface.
- Provides high reliability, consistent read range and low power consumption.
- Features include multicolor LED and internal control or host control of the LED and beeper.
- Mounts directly on metal with minimal impact on the read range performance. Optional kit enables mounting behind glass.
- Compare features of the ProxPro II to the original ProxPro reader
Typical Maximum Read Range:
- ProxCard® II Card – up to 9″ (22 cm)
- ISOProx® II Card – up to 8″ (20 cm)
- DuoProx® II Card – up to 8″ (20 cm)
- Smart ISOProx® Card – up to 8″ (20 cm)
- Smart DuoProx® Card – up to 8″ (20 cm)
- HID Proximity and MIFARE® card – up to 8″ (20 cm)
- ProxCard® Plus Card – up to 4″ (10 cm)
- ProxKey® II Keyfob – up to 4″ (10 cm)
- MicroProx® Tag – up to 4″ (11 cm)
*Depending on local installation conditions.
5.00″ x 5.00″ x 1.00″ (12.7 x 12.7 x 2.54 cm)
- 5-16 VDC
- Linear power supplies are recommended.
- Wiegand interface: 500 feet (150 m)
- Clock-and-Data interface: 50 feet (15 m)
- Recommended cable is ALPHA 1295 (22 AWG) 5 conductor minimum stranded with overall shield or equivalent. Additional conductors may be required for LED or beeper control.
- Average: 25 mA at 12 VDC
- Peak: 125 mA at 12 VDC
-22º to 150º F (-30º to 65º C)
0-95% relative humidity non-condensing
13.6 oz. (385 g)
- Canada/UL 294 Listed
- FCC Certification, United States
- Canada Certification
- CE Mark
- EU and CB Scheme Electrical Safety (EN60950 and IEC60950 ITE Electrical Safety)
- Fifteen EU Countries under the R&TTE Directive (EN300 330 – SRD, and ETS 300 683 – EMC)
- Australia C-Tick (pending)
- New Zealand (pending)
- Taiwan (pending)